All roads lead to Rome
A special city and a commune in Italy, Rome needs no introduction. It is the capital of Italy with the country’s largest and most populated commune. The place has its artistic touch, extravagant majestic churches, classical ruins and piazzas. The story goes that it was built on seven hills that were- Capitolino, Celio, Quirinale, Aventino, Palatino, Viminale and Esquiline. Often the term heard, “All roads lead to Rome”, has been because two of the hills stated above were a part of the hub of ancient Rome also considered as the center of the civilized world.
Why visit this place
There might be hundreds of reasons to visit any other place in the world, but it needs no reason other than it is Rome, one of the biggest artistic influences known to the world.
1. All the masterpieces and the architecture, paintings of the renowned artists like Bramante, Sangallo, Maderno, Michelangelo, Bernini, Nicola Salvi, are present in this city. Museums are a Rome thing which may be Museo d’Arte Contemporanea which is the latest contemporary section of art that has been opened, Palazzo Altemps, a renaissance palace, Cinecitta Studios, which is a living example of life in cinema.
2. One of the cheapest shopping from the roadside or that lavish shopping from the malls, all can be done here. Some places to go for shopping from the branded to the flea market are Via Condotti, Spanish Steps, Via Cola di Rienza , Porto Portese Flea Market and Castle Romano outlet.
3. There might be all the world-class wine brands present here but the wine of Rome is itself a class.
4. The other more significant reason for all the food lovers is the food here. From the Pasta cacao e pepe to Pizza alla Romana, and from Fiori d Zucca to Crostata di ricotta, everything tastes heavenly good. There are lots of options to eat, from family run trattorias and pizzerias to fancy restaurants. Some of these restaurants are Armando Al pantheon, Sandwiches and market bites at Mordi e-vie, Osteria Bonelli, or a classic rustic roman at L’Archangelo.
5. Also, the appeal of the Vatican City can’t b be ignored. It is supposed to be the political and religious center of the Roman Catholic, situated on the burial-place of Apostle Peter. Rome also contains the center of Catholic world, the St. Peter’s Basilica, a majestic church with great interiors, so big that the space shuttle could fit inside along with the Statue liberty. Also, the biggest amphitheater of the world, the Colosseum is situated in Rome, built by the Flavian dynasty and could hold 50,000 spectators and has no less than 80 entrances.
6. It exerts a lot of influence on the world’s history and geography. This place which is used as a market place during the day time, and seen as the party station by the college going student and tourist place during the night hours is Campe de’ Fiori. This is south to Piazza Navona, which is itself one of the most famous Rome’s squares, used for festivals and sporting events. Spanish Steps are another major tourist spot which has around 135 steps, which has been used by the tourists as well as the locals as the gathering place. At the foot of these Spanish steps, there is this Piazza di Spagna and the fountain named Fontana della Barcaccia. Other than these places, it has numerous numbers of places which can’t be written but needs to be experienced. Each and every place is worth visit, when you are in this city.
Activities to do:
It offers so many exciting things to do, all wrap in a surprise packet for a paradise you need. So may be all you need is n’t love but Rome.
You can go for an air ride and some thrills, then you can go for a helicopter ride and you will need just 30 minutes. Hot air balloon rides are also available for an hour which gives you the tranquil feeling of floating in the morning sky.
Also, there are guided bike tours which take you across the famous places like Trevi Fountain, Colloseum, etc. The river cruises are available on river Tiber.
|Rome 1-Day Bike Tour: City Center and Views
Rome, Italy Bike Tours
Enjoy a cycle ride around central Rome and see the city’s legendary sights from the saddle of a comfortable bicycle. Experienced guides will escort you along the riverside of the Tiber, down side roads, and along alleys to discover Rome’s heart.
Starting at 75 Per Person
>> Click For Details & Pictures
Another interesting aspect of the city is Roman marathon. You may either witness the popular European marathon or even better, be a part of it!
Accommodation and Transportation
|Hotel delle Muse
Rome, Italy Hotels & Resorts
The three star Hotel Delle Muse is located in a very quite and green residential area called Parioli which is traditionally considered the most elegant part of Rome.all rooms with Wi-Fi internet access-internet point at the reception free of charge
Starting at $86 Per Night/Room
>> Click For Details & Pictures
The hotel rooms are available of both budget and luxury kind. The paying guests are also taken here.